Nowadays, many of us spend hours in front of computer screens that’s why computer vision strain become one of the most common vision issues. In US and Canada, computer vision strain is one of the major job related complaints that occurs due to staring at computer screens. Studies have proved that computer vision strain and other eye issues occur in 50 to 90 percent of regular computer users.
Computer vision strain can lead many other problems like low productivity, physical fatigue and errors in work.
Here are the 10 tips that can help you in reducing the risks of computer vision strain.
- Get routine comprehensive eye exams: Routine eye exams help in detecting computer vision strain and other diseases in early stage. During an eye exam, your eye doctor will tell you how to manage the current eye condition.
- Use proper lighting: Using excessively bright lights in workplace can lead the vision strain to employees. So it is important to use proper lighting in office.
- Minimize glare: Our office materials like walls and surfaces also produce glare and reflect with computer screens that can cause computer vision strain. Use anti-glare computer screens and paint dark colours on walls with a matte finish to reduce the risks of computer vision strain.
- Upgrade your display: It’s time to replace your old tube style monitors called CRTs. Using old monitors also is one of the causes of computer vision strain.
- Adjust your computer display settings: Eye strain and fatigue can be reduced through adjusting computer display settings like brightness, contrast, sharpness and colour temperature.
- Blink more often: Blinking plays an important role in moistening your eyes. It prevents eye dryness and irritation. Whenever we start staring at computer screen, we blink less frequently; I can be cause of computer eye strain. So try to blink more than often.
- Exercise your eyes: Lack of vision exercises can also be cause of vision strain. Do some eye exercised on daily basis if you work with computer screens in your daily routine. Eye exercises help in reducing vision strain.
- Take frequently breaks: Short breaks also help in reducing the risk or computer vision strain. Try to implement 20/20/20 rule while working with computer screen. 20/20/20 rule meant by looking at 20 feet far for 20 seconds after every 20 minutes.
- Modify your workplace: Looking at printed pages while working at computer screens can cause eye strain. You just adjust the pages on a copy stand adjacent to the monitor to reduce the risk. The light should not be bright or dim then your computer screens.
- Use Eye Glasses: Eye glasses also can help in reducing the risks of computer vision strain. You just need to visit the optometry near to you for prescription of eye glasses. Don’t use contact lenses while working with computer screens; it may cause eye dryness to you.
Whenever you find eye itching or red or pink eyes, visit your nearest eye care optometry. Thanks for taking time to read this post. Don’t forget to share it with your friends.